Monday, June 1, 2009

Sara Jane Moore

From the Telegraph:
Sara Jane Moore, the woman who attempted to assassinate President Gerald Ford in 1975, has said that she believed the US would change only through a violent revolution.

Moore, who spent 32 years in prison for firing a shot that missed the president's head by several feet, admitted in an interview that she now realises that her actions were "wrong ... a serious error".

At the time, the 45-year-old divorced mother had become immersed in leftist groups in California that fed her feeling of alienation.

t was during the long years in jail, six of which were spent in solitary confinement, that she "gradually ... began to realise that I had let myself be used. ... I definitely think that it was wrong. I think I was misled. I think I was mistaken. I think I made a serious error."


No comments: